The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Lewis and Harris Forum Start a topic | Search
Lewis and Harris
Re: The Lewis Windfarm (again)
24 messages
Select a forum:
I have a short term solution that I think may work and would at least buy us a little more time to put in a place a decent national strategy of power generation using renewable sources.
We totally withdraw our troops from Afghanistan and Iraq and send them to invade the west coast of Norway. Norway is self sufficient in energy from the power they generate via hydro schemes but they also have some of the largest oil and gas reserves in the world, reserves that they don’t really need. So we head over there and liberate these reserves. The population of Norway is only 6 million so they should be easy plus they owe us a blood debt from all that raping, pillaging and slave trading that the Vikings did.
We could also establish a few colonies over there and solve the problem of the shortage of land for building. I suggest that to ‘support our boys at the front’, our first wave of colonists should be the readership of the daily mail.
stonehenge

Reply | with quote
fitzcoraldo
Posted by fitzcoraldo
23rd April 2008ce
07:01

In reply to:

Re: The Lewis Windfarm (again) (tiompan)

Messages in this topic: