The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Aberdeenshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Aberdeenshire
Re: Aberdeenshire help
35 messages
Select a forum:
A lot of the snow has gone but flooding is now a major problem. The Kintore to Hatton Of Fintray road closed thanks to the Don, Inverurie to Whiterashes closed thanks to the Urie, the A947 at Newmachar and Fyvie barely passable (really bad at Fyvie), Rothiemay to Huntly, shut because of the Deveron as is Turriff to Aberchirder and the A920 Huntly to Dufftown at the Edinglassie junction From Glasgow to Aberdeen is Ok but loads of water on the road at Stonehaven. Insch, Oyne, Premnay, Kennethmont area all affected by flooding with Oyne-Clatt road shut at the Daies junction. Mates from Banff tell me the Whitehills area is dodgy at Ladiesbridge, as is the A97 at the Forgue and Marnoch junctions. Fortunately I wasn't driving (not the best day I've ever had Mr T, we were rubbish today). Loads of country roads affected by rain and melting snow. So I don't think snow chains are needed, studded tyres are better anyway if the snow comes back. Enjoy your stay if you need any help/directions just post summat I'll be glad to help. By tomorrow hopefully the water level will have gone down but take care on the minor roads some of them are like bottles thanks to the ice underneath lying water.

Reply | with quote
drewbhoy
Posted by drewbhoy
16th January 2010ce
22:58

In reply to:

Re: Aberdeenshire help (faerygirl)

2 replies:

Re: Aberdeenshire help (tiompan)
Re: Aberdeenshire help (faerygirl)

Messages in this topic: