The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Glastonbury Tor Forum Start a topic | Search
Glastonbury Tor
Re: Fathers for justice..
31 messages
Select a forum:
StoneGloves wrote:
But surely, putting a church on top of Glastonbury Tor was an act of vandalism, in the first place. And I know that 'two wrongs don't make a right' but 'desperate times need desperate measures' (to quote the British inventor of the Metric System). Can anyone envisage what the Tor would look like without the tower ?

I am getting more than a little disturbed by the number of comments I have seen that seem to excuse, or partly excuse, such acts of vandalism.

The reason thse sites are picked is bacause they are the most vulnerable, not having very high maintenance costs and even smaller profit margins.

There seems to be a perceptin that they are "fair game" for being damaged and abused.

That is an insult to those who hold them special and to our ancestors who built them.

Reply | with quote
Cursuswalker
Posted by Cursuswalker
7th October 2007ce
15:04

In reply to:

Re: Fathers for justice.. (StoneGloves)

Messages in this topic: