The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: Silbury updates
669 messages
Select a forum:
Toxic Delerium wrote:
i gotta be honest. I dont wanna argue with people i thought shared a love of all things ancient and interesting . I understand your love, and i DO understand your concerns.
Lets lose the eliteism , and i'm sure we can all get along fine.

Nobody is trying to be elistist. It's just frustrating that the nearest village seems to have undue influence over English Heritage. We all know how much you'd love your kids to have a TC in the hill, but there are some good decisions that are made by the wrong person for the wrong reasons, and this is one of them.

On the surface it sounds good, and I would have no objection to Avebury School being commemorated with a time capsule in Avebury, under the headmaster's desk or something, but the current plans are just plain wrong.

And I'm astounded that nobody at EH actually understands why people are so bloody upset!

This topic is locked
slumpystones
Posted by slumpystones
1st July 2007ce
16:24

In reply to:

Re: Silbury updates (Toxic Delerium)

1 reply:

Re: Silbury updates (Toxic Delerium)

Messages in this topic: