The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Silver Bough
461 messages
Select a forum:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
I have recently finished 'The Silver Bough' by Neil M Gunn and must recommend it to all here.

My third Gunn book and i've been absolutely entranced by each one, but this is my favourite so far. (Im going to have to read them all)

His communication is so rarefied it feels almost peverse.
I've only ever read one other author in the same league, imo, and thats John Cowper Powys.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough.

Some mp3's
http://www.neilgunn.org.uk/
That's the first mention of JCP I have come across in a very long time .

Thanks for the link Tiompan. Have you read Wolf Solent by JCP?

Wolf Solent, Weymouth Sands , one of the later shorter novellas but can't remember which one .Still got "In defence of sensuality " . Village books which used to be in Regent street reprinted some of his stuff in the early 70 's as well as as championing quite a few other obscure ,mainly British authors .

I've got Wolf Solent and A Glastonbury Romance. I didn't get on with GR as well as Wolf Solent.
'In defence of sensuality' was one I liked the look of. I also want to read 'autobiography'.

Reply | with quote
Evergreen Dazed
Posted by Evergreen Dazed
25th September 2012ce
11:27

In reply to:

Re: Silver Bough (tiompan)

1 reply:

Re: Silver Bough (tiompan)

Messages in this topic: