The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Landscapes of Neolithic Brittany
461 messages
Select a forum:
Robot Emperor wrote:
moss wrote:
Well this book is sort of literary plus archaeology...

Cheers for that man. I'm going to check this out, was thinking what to ask for at Christmas.

Forgot about this thread or I would have posted a postscript that all three of the books I mentioned (On Deep History and the Brain, Conceiving God: The Cognitive Origin and Evolution of Religion, and especially After the Ice: A Global Human History 20,000-5000 BC) were fantastic, all have made a lasting impression. I can feel my brain subtly rewiring itself, long held opinions gently unravelling.

Steven Mithen’s After the Ice: A Global Human History especially is a close “must have” for anyone interested in the archaeology of this period. A fair few here I would think…

Well as we're talking Xmas books, did'nt put this one up as the price is £75 for one book.. OUP - Landscapes of Neolithic Brittany, 326 pages hard back.
so the review goes "this authorative book (and pricey) account of our current state of knowledge explores the Breton monuments from the perspectives of landscape and materiality"
Must admit did'nt get on with his 'Megalithic Monuments of Britain and Ireland' though, but its relevant to megaliths.

Reply | with quote
moss
Posted by moss
9th December 2011ce
15:56

In reply to:

Re: A Distant Prospect of Wessex (Robot Emperor)

Messages in this topic: