The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: OT: Compensation Culture
461 messages
Select a forum:
Pilgrim wrote:
Resono wrote:

OT still...any gas engineer worth his salt or ACS for that matter,whether private company or British Gas(Transco)..especially the latter(who usually change meters), should phone ahead to inform any waiting customer of delays and/or cancellations...You are both eligible for a cash voucher as recompense for inconvenience as this procedure seems to have been ignored...I'd advise you to apply for this now stating times of promised appointment and non-appearance of said engineers.

...and thus the burden for any "compensation" will be passed on to the rest of the customer base - who had nothing to do with this - by way of increases in payments. I was once on a train from Plymouth to York that was delayed because someone had sadly decided that their stay here was at an end; the TOC had to go through the train with forms for everyone who wanted to claim for a delay that was no fault of the TOC. Life; what's it for?

Peace

Pilgrim

X

The rule/promise is in the system although there is no obligation to claim but the option to do so is there and it is there to prevent further wasting of time...which in effect saves money.
Not everyone enjoys wasting a day(or even half a day),sometimes losing wages(for which the voucher probably wouldn't cover ) waiting for someone to break an appointment without any word of explanation or apology.If the rest of the customer base feel this is wrong they should complain vociferously to any service offering "compensation"...
That said, I was only trying to be helpful to two fellow posters(OT I admit)who both claimed to have suffered uncalled for inconvenience...and if you can't help your fellow man/woman in some small way...ah well, life has less meaning

Reply | with quote
Posted by Resonox
3rd September 2010ce
04:45

In reply to:

OT: Compensation Culture (Pilgrim)

Messages in this topic: