The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Seven Fonts Forum Start a topic | Search
The Seven Fonts
Re: He's off again .. well done ryaner
18 messages
Select a forum:
FourWinds wrote:
I've always been told that The Seven Fonts was well out of bounds. Please tell me about access!

The Wicklow Gap road, coming down from the old mines, hits the Laragh/Glendalough road at that horrible junction where you have to almost do a u-turn to turn right. 100 metres or so back from this on the Wicklow Gap road the Wicklow Way comes down to the road from Brockagh mountain. There's a clear signpost for it there and directly opposite on the other side of the road there's a farmgate. Over this about 20 metres into the field and to your left is the first of the bullauns. The rest are fairly easy to spot with the bracken dead at this time of year. I called into the Glendalough visitor's centre and the lady at reception told me, after I had asked about access, that there wouldn't be a problem, though I'm not sure whether that's official policy.

FourWinds wrote:
You've done very well to get to so many. Nice one!

Thanks. I got there late in the day and wished I'd had more time and better light.

Reply | with quote
ryaner
Posted by ryaner
28th November 2006ce
14:00

In reply to:

He's off again .. well done ryaner (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: