The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Lewis and Harris Forum Start a topic | Search
Lewis and Harris
Re: The I Love Lewis
33 messages
Select a forum:
Jane wrote:
I applaud your courage Vicster! You have more mettle than me: the cold and the wind would finish me off!

Do you have a job to go to on Lewis? Where will you look for a place to live? In Stornoway or over the west side? Or elsewhere? If you open a B&B, can we come and stay!?!

(Too many questions. Sorry. The story of my life...)
J
x

That's OK, I love talking about myself!

Wouldn't live in Stornoway, it's a bit grim for my liking. Looking on the east coast (the west gets the worst of the wind straight off the atlantic) within 15 miles of Stornoway (for work purposes). Partner is self employed tradesman so he can work anywhere. That just leaves me to get sorted but with no mortgage and a healthy profit from the sale of our house in the bank, I will be free to do anything that takes my fancy, really! One idea is get a house with enough land to have a wee camp site....I'd also lke to run a tearoom/bookshop. Ideally though, I will spend most of my days wandering around the island discovering ancient sites; a more glamorous version of M Curtis, perhaps??? ;-)

Reply | with quote
Vicster
Posted by Vicster
1st October 2006ce
15:35

In reply to:

Re: The I Love Lewis (Jane)

1 reply:

Re: The I Love Lewis (Wyldeboar)

Messages in this topic: