The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cae'r-Hen-Eglwys Forum Start a topic | Search
Cae'r-Hen-Eglwys
A Crime Of Disregard
17 messages
Select a forum:
I just viewed the phots of this wonderful site posted by hamish. And my initial reaction was one of dismay. The stones are hidden on the whole by overgrowth and appear to have not been maintained.
Now I know to most theyare just ancient stones of no relevance to modern life, but to people such as I who follow neo-pagan ways these local sites are immensely important spiritual landmarks.
Every effort seems made to preserve and promote the christian heritage buildings and monuments, imagine the uproar if a site such as castel coch had no funding and was allowed to fall to pieces or be consumed by the surrounding woodland? By comparison how cheap to maintain are a few simple stone sites, which only require grass cutting or adequate labelling?
I understand many are on private property, but what a shame no law exists that the owners of the land should ensure their safety and upkeep, so future generations can partake of the mystery and wonder they conjur when u stand among them.
Thank you hamish for locating these forgotten stones and the excellent photography.

Reply | with quote
Posted by warlock
19th July 2006ce
13:16

Messages in this topic: