The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Machuim Forum Start a topic | Search
Machuim
Re: Machium (for Winterjc)
3 messages
Select a forum:
Cheers Winterjc!
Hey- you're doin no bad with the Scottish sites as well. The Sheriffmuir Stone Row looks fab- it's an area I've never stopped at- always passing through on the way up to Loch Tay n Perthshire. Liked yer pic by the Waterhead Stones- was that you and is yer hand raised truimphantly at finding em- or are you just balancing on the tree ?!!!
Let us know how your Castleton obsession gets on ;) Me- I just can't get Tormain out of my mind- I've started thinking about that design lots (and where it's gonna get inked ;)). It's funny, living in Edinburgh for most of my life I've always been interested in the hills around here, and one of them I just couldn't work out where on earth it was- it had a beautiful line of single trees up its ridge- it's only when I got to Tormain that I though 'jeez- this is *the* hill'- the place I'd been wondering about for years. That realisation alone was such a great feeling- sad eh?!!! Then when I saw the rock carvings it was like finding something I'd been looking for a very long time, as if I had been given something *very* special that both encompases the very nature of Edinburgh and her ancient landscape.
Anyways- could ramble on for ages bout this,
Cheers,
Martin

Reply | with quote
Posted by Martin
6th December 2001ce
21:39

In reply to:

Re: Machium (for Winterjc) (winterjc)

Messages in this topic: