The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   High Bridestones Forum Start a topic | Search
High Bridestones
Re: Medium Format..
59 messages
Select a forum:
I agree with everything you say - especially about soul. A great photograph begins its creation in the seeing eye and brain of the photographer long before a shuttter is clicked. You demonstrate that beautifully under your various aliases on the Portal and on TMA

Where I would disgree with you is in the example you give:
"This one nicely demonstrates the whole gamut of tones is well within range of the Canon 1Ds
http://www.pbase.com/image/55441617 and I would bet my last flash card that if this were presented as a medium format print it would be repeated in glowing terms that digital just doesn't have 'it'."

Sorry to deprive you of your last flash card, but it doesn't do it for me. Wish I could show you some prints I have inherited from the 1920's - drool. Ever seen the work of Whitby's Frank Meadow Sutcliffe taken between 1870 and 1910? - astonishing and matchless.

Anyway, we are way off topic and with canning little compacts with clever little programs for every situation - who needs to know anything about photography now?

This topic is locked
PeterH
Posted by PeterH
3rd March 2006ce
23:09

In reply to:

Re: Medium Format.. (CianMcLiam)

2 replies:

Re: Medium Format.. (PeterH)
Re: Medium Format.. (morfe)

Messages in this topic: