The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   High Bridestones Forum Start a topic | Search
High Bridestones
Re: Medium Format..
59 messages
Select a forum:
Maybe it is just personal preferences, but it is not just about the quality of camera lens and format size. Of course, 35mm and a tiny lens can never hope to pick up the detail that larger formats can, but I have yet to see a digital print which isn't harsh and contrasty when compared with the gorgeous tones and texture of silver prints. Cereus comes pretty close. I know that there is no going back to film and it will soon be unobtainable with Ilford gone and Kodak and Konica not producing any more. I am so glad that real artists like Tyson are still in their dark rooms under their red safety lights - but for how much longer?

None of the above should be regarded as a criticism of the super digital shots we see here and on the Portal. Comparisons are odious and its like comparing a painting with a fine pen and ink drawing. Both can be beautiful, but are essentially different. Hope we can keep both for a little while longer

This topic is locked
PeterH
Posted by PeterH
3rd March 2006ce
20:38

In reply to:

Re: Medium Format.. (CianMcLiam)

2 replies:

retropolis (morfe)
Re: Medium Format.. (CianMcLiam)

Messages in this topic: