The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   High Bridestones Forum Start a topic | Search
High Bridestones
Medium Format..
59 messages
Select a forum:
I've seen medium format prints enlarged to quite a size that looked truly stunning and would certainly make that statement ring true, but on the other hand I dont think you can make a judgement like that based on jpg' of scans of prints on a PC monitor. Techically its gone through the digital process as much as any digicam or 35mm image on the web. I read on a webpage about his work that he finishes most of his images in the digital darkroom too. I think there might be a bit more read into what people use to capture the image than the finished jpg you see warrants. I would bet my Nikon it would not be possible to tell a Large format scan and a pic from a Canon 1Ds in a jpg at that resolution as far as detail and tone goes.

Thats not a comment on his pics which are tuly fantastic and jaw-dropping, just an observation on the conservative nature of photographers and viewers of photographs. Surely the most conservative artform medium ever!

This topic is locked
CianMcLiam
Posted by CianMcLiam
3rd March 2006ce
19:11

In reply to:

Re: Calling fitzcoraldo (PeterH)

1 reply:

Re: Medium Format.. (morfe)

Messages in this topic: