The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Glastonbury Tor Forum Start a topic | Search
Glastonbury Tor
Re: The 'Living Rock' on Glastonbury Tor
5 messages
Select a forum:
Hi Jim

When I lived in Glastonbury i had a friend who used to lead walks around the alleged tor labyrinth - the entrance to the labyrinth is said to be between those living rock stones. He used to say if you walk in between the stones make sure you walk out the same way otherwise a bit of you gets left in the labyrinth!
I've sat on one or t'other plenty of times at both dawn and sunset. Its a fine place to be. The stone further up the path on that side was known locally as the alchemists stone. Another fine place to sit down and look at the view ; )
Further round on the south slope is a larger roundish boulder known as the egg stone.
Ive always known these round stones that come out of the tor as egg stones and find it interesting that elsewhere they are known as mother stones.

cx

Reply | with quote
Creyr
Posted by Creyr
16th January 2006ce
23:49

In reply to:

The 'Living Rock' on Glastonbury Tor (Jim-Rayner)

Messages in this topic: