The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Dundurn Forum Start a topic | Search
Dundurn
Re: Faeries
15 messages
Select a forum:
95% sounds very high to our 21st century ears. But what percentage of our current population believes in Strange Things today? I think you'd find it quite high. There's fringe and then there's not-so-fringe.. maybe not many people believe in ufos as visitors from Outer Space, but I think a good percentage of people, especially when you get them a bit tipsy on the Christmas sherry, would have a story about a relative they'd seen /spoken to after they'd died, or a 'I knew something terrible had happened to X so I hurried over to their house and there they were squashed under the 50" flatscreen tv' type story. Which kind of amounts to the same thing? (ie a belief in Weirdness).

Besides I'd like to know what percentage of people in Scotland still believe in fairies. It's obviously higher than you might think (hence the whole story in the first place). Maybe not in Glasgow but that's what urban living does for you.

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
17th December 2005ce
13:39

In reply to:

Re: Faeries (BigSweetie)

1 reply:

Re: Faeries (The Eternal)

Messages in this topic: