The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Moel ty Uchaf Forum Start a topic | Search
Moel ty Uchaf
Re: Moel ty Uchaf ?
14 messages
Select a forum:
Hi Mathrocker,

Do try to see Moel ty Uchaf, as it's well worth it - however, living as I do in North Wales, I can safely say you WILL need a car to get out and see a few of the treats here. My advice would be to get the train to Wrexham and then hire a car. Companies include (with telephone numbers):

1car1.com 01978 366555
Avis Wrexham 01978 351747
Practical 01978 844555
Wrexham Car & Van Hire 01978 314151 or 01978 314158

Llandrillo is very close to Moel ty Uchaf, and happily, has a rather elegant hotel:

http://www.information-britain.co.uk/showPlace.cfm?Place_ID=1423

alternatively, you'd be looking to stay in Corwen, Bala or Wrexham.

Be aware that Moel ty Uchaf is on private ground, and it would be prudent to ask at the farmhouse first before making your way up there. The farmhouse you want is the first right when you leave the main road and start driving along the farm track. Check out the Streetmap link on the Moel ty Uchaf page of TMA.

Any other questions about North Wales and its jewels, please feel free to email me; it's not often I bimble past the TMA forum these days . . .

Best regards,

treaclechops x

Reply | with quote
treaclechops
Posted by treaclechops
24th November 2005ce
22:07

In reply to:

Moel ty Uchaf ? (mathrocker)

1 reply:

Re: Moel ty Uchaf ? (toasted-whippet)

Messages in this topic: