The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   County Cork Forum Start a topic | Search
County Cork
A load of old Blarney
1 message
Select a forum:
OK... I can here the sniggers already, but I did go out to Blarney last week and was completely blown away by the gardens in the grounds of Blarney Castle (so much so that I didn't even bother to kiss the little stone itself ;-)

Anyway, if you're ever in Cork the bus ride to Blarney is about twenty minutes from the city centre; pay your admission ticket to the Castle and go into the grounds, along the park path and over the stream ignoring the Castle altogether. Follow the path signposted to the Dolmen and the Witches' Kitchen and then just breathe it all in. To be sure it's all been messed about a bit but there's some wonderful ancient yews growing straight out of the rocks there and the place has a wonderful and very ancient feel to it.

Cork City itself is fantastic! Great restaurants and coffee shops, some of the friendliest people on the planet and pints and pints of Guinness waiting for you already on the bar (just needing your smile, not too many Euros and a nod and a wink to top them all up :-)

Reply | with quote
Littlestone
Posted by Littlestone
11th October 2005ce
21:54