The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Kingscrag Gate Forum Start a topic | Search
Kingscrag Gate
Re: Just to put my mind at rest...
12 messages
Select a forum:
Don't forget about the eclipse though. It's Monday morning but there's a surge a couple of days before, which is tomorrow. I'm trying to teach a lonely swan to eat mussels in Exhibition Park - others are bringing her bread. SevenShields castle is clearly shown on the Victorian 6" but I've never been over there. The tunnel myths are all over the place - perhaps this was a secret crossing spot for the Picts and Celts in the days of the wall.

I wonder if the listing here for Mare and Foal could be altered to stone circle - which is how the county see it. There's loads of unexplored stuff at Plenmeller. Also a now-discredited theory that silver was being mined and processed at Tynehead, a couple of miles south of Alston. It would explain the density of monuments, for one thing.

Reply | with quote
StoneLifter
Posted by StoneLifter
30th September 2005ce
16:46

Messages in this topic: