The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Lancashire Forum Start a topic | Search
Lancashire
Re: Treehugger-s
18 messages
Select a forum:
It's usually about November fifth or sixth. I hope to get some moony pictures this winter at Burnt Edge. I clearly remember a bright moon just setting at Barrow Bridge when I was a full half an hour from the site - the only night it was clear, bright and I had the haversac full of camera stuff. There was a rime frost and I scratched 'SHITE' into the backscreen of a slimebox by the bridge.

The Counting Hill row moonset picture is very rare and possibly extinct (due to smog rising from Ellesmere Port). That would be the one to go for - but it is a summer phenomena. Moonset could be marked by Holyhead Stack...

I'm excavating a carved stone where I am (with a sharpened bread knife). With some dry weather I could take some close up pictures - I don't know if the rock is carved on the 'farside'. About three tonnes wet. Been awarded a grant to GPS the cairns and mounds in the parish - wet days in September !

Reply | with quote
StoneLifter
Posted by StoneLifter
3rd August 2005ce
20:23

In reply to:

Re: Treehugger-s (treehugger-uk)

Messages in this topic: