The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Chestnuts Forum Start a topic | Search
The Chestnuts
The Chestnuts
1 message
Select a forum:
I went down to the Chestnuts neolithic tombs in Kent today.

Anyway I got to hang out around the stones, I tried out dowsing rods for the first time, wow, I mean fucking wow!, the things were going mental in my hands.

When I sat with my back to one of the stones and closed my eyes for a while I had this sensation...imagine your brain was mixed with a load of iron filings and then someone put a giant magnet in front of your face, not altogether pleasant.

Those things are really kicking out some energy if some lumpen, unspiritual brute like me can feel it.

The lady who looks after the stones said a few people have been taken ill around them, I came away with a headache but uplifted, try it!

NB: if you're thinking of visiting, even though it says in the modern antiquarian just to rock up, please give the lady a ring first Joan Bygrave 01732840220, she's very cool and well into the idea of the stones belonging to everyone, but they're in her garden and she's quite pissed off about people just turning up at all hours.

Reply | with quote
Posted by furrytrousers
14th August 2001ce
02:01