The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Yonder Bognie Forum Start a topic | Search
Yonder Bognie
Calling greywether - Access?
5 messages
Select a forum:
You say in your fieldnotes: "If I'd prepared better, I'd have known from Burl's guide that access is from Wardend to the S. I asked at the farm to the N who were happy to let me go over and even let me park in their yard."

I'm confused now. In my copy of the 'little' Burl he says the circle is "quarter of a mile S of Yonder Bognie farm", or am I misunderstanding? It certainly 'felt' to me more like it's on their land.

I parked there too, tho both times I've been there was nobody there. I did drive round past the one to the S the first time I went, but I thought it's a lot further to the circle & you'd haveta cross more fields & fences etc wouldn't you?

Pleasant little site, but the first time I went it had a trailer parked right in the middle & the second time it was siling (sp?) it down & nearly dark!!! (Hence absence of photies from me!)

love

Moth

Reply | with quote
Moth
Posted by Moth
8th April 2005ce
01:37

1 reply:

Re: Calling greywether - Access? (greywether)

Messages in this topic: