The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Lewis and Harris Forum Start a topic | Search
Lewis and Harris
Re: Sleeping Beauty
134 messages
Select a forum:
Um. Sorry - didn't mean to cause offence (& that I wasn't around)!!! I wasn't trying to 'strawman' you! (New idea to me!) That was why I phrased it as a question - tho clumsily it seems!!!

I was just interested in what you think the alternative is.

I fully agree that the landscape is worth preserving - I don't think many of us here'd disagree!!!! It's just that until someone comes up with something better, I think windfarms are OK given the situation we're in. (Which, for me, also applies to Littlestone's comments on the harm to the environment in putting them up.) They also needn't leave much of a scar if they're taken down - tho I notice in this country we seem to have more 'gubbins' around the bottom of them than they do in Denmark, where all you seemed to be able to see was the turbine & its upright.

Like 4W & a couple of others have said, I don't find them all that unsightly - in fact in a way I like them.

Not trying to get you back into the debate (unless you want to!) - just explaining that I wasn't (deliberately) being wicked!

love

Moth

Reply | with quote
Moth
Posted by Moth
19th June 2006ce
00:09

In reply to:

Re: Sleeping Beauty (whatisthat)

1 reply:

Re: Sleeping Beauty (BrigantesNation)

Messages in this topic: