The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Lewis and Harris Forum Start a topic | Search
Lewis and Harris
Re: Devastation in pictures
134 messages
Select a forum:
Is it the wind turbines you are objecting to, or just anything being built there?

My only personal experience of the turbines is of those on Anglesey. I find them, like others on this site, to be strangely beautiful and hypnotic. When I do go to Anglesey, I have to go past the Stanlow oil refinery (think Bladerunner set) and also Wylfa nuclear plant.

Sat underneath the turbines on Anglesey for a picnic, and didn't hear anything other than the jets from Valley airbase.

So the turbines aren't perfect, but they are a better option than the other methods currently available. Choose the sites carefully - as with everything we build - and I'd rather visit our countryside with turbines than with nuclear (Greycroft circle).

Based on the other options available, I'm for the turbines, I'd have one in my garden (if I had a garden).

sam

Reply | with quote
sam
Posted by sam
3rd January 2005ce
17:01

In reply to:

Re: Devastation in pictures (smallblueplanet)

1 reply:

Re: Devastation in pictures (smallblueplanet)

Messages in this topic: