The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Lewis and Harris Forum Start a topic | Search
Lewis and Harris
Re: Devastation in pictures
134 messages
Select a forum:
FTC

I know what you're saying, and to a certain extent if they want to live with the wind turbines and the destruction to the environment around them, then okay......BUT its where they want to site these. As I said with a link from the RSPB, who are normally in favour of wind farms, the siting is wrong.

If local folk think they're gonna make some money, then they need to check their facts - other locals' sites show these promises often turn up empty, ie skilled labour imported, turbines and such built elsewhere.......and a poll suggests a 25% drop in tourists visiting the island (from http://www.mwtlewis.org.uk/ I think).

Others who already live with the things (in the Lakes and Dorset) say the noise becomes a health problem - I've only heard them for a short time, and I think it's horrible.

I think we're gonna have to visit Lewis sooner rather than later....

I agree that there are larger concerns out there, when people still die from lack of food and water; but I can't ignore the little things when they're pointed out to me :-). If I hadn't read this thread I'd be none the wiser about the pro's and con's of wind farms!!

SBP

Reply | with quote
Posted by smallblueplanet
2nd January 2005ce
14:51

In reply to:

Re: Devastation in pictures (follow that cow)

2 replies:

Re: Devastation in pictures (StoneLifter)
Re: Devastation in pictures (StoneLifter)

Messages in this topic: