The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Glendruid Forum Start a topic | Search
Glendruid
Re: FourWinds:
5 messages
Select a forum:
If you described an Irish portal tomb to someone who didn't have a clue and then asked them to draw one they'd draw Glendruid :-)

It was 'restored' after excavation and has a rather unsightly concrete arch inside, but you have to be at the rear to see it, so it's not too bad.

It sits in the bottom of its little valley in perfect harmony with the trees around it.

The valley is actually two people's back garden in a Dublin suburb!!!!!! I want one of those houses :-)

I have recently been given a 'back way in' though, so now it is mine whenever I want it to be ... hurrah! It's just 15 minutes drive from my house :-), but until now going there has involved knocking on someone's front door ... no longer!

Everyone that I take there falls in love with the place. (Rather sadly the picture of Glendruid in TME is wrong - it's actually of Kiltiernan just down the road)

This is it from the garden of one of the houses: http://www.megalithomania.com/show/image/1045

Reply | with quote
FourWinds
Posted by FourWinds
5th November 2004ce
17:14

In reply to:

FourWinds: (Rhiannon)

Messages in this topic: