The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Wales Forum Start a topic | Search
Wales
Stones weekend, October 1st -3rd
28 messages
Select a forum:
There is an accommodation costs only, self catering stones weekend I'm coordinating in North Wales over the first weekend of October, focusing on sites on both sides of the Penmaenmawr mountainside. Loads to see.

If you want to know more, and find this itinerary appealing, please mail me [email protected]

Baza will be coming along too, as well as a few other stones folk; a number of places remain. We had 17 for the last one back in April, and a figure approaching this number would be ideal.

The Saturday has two options - I will take a group on foot for a very long walk, circumnavigating mountainside (including several sites the driving group can not see), and another group (if needed) will drive between the main two site clusters (visiting another site en route), with the groups meeting up later.

Should the weather be severe, the walking group will do the driving group's itinerary.

Itineraries with links are posted below,

Cheers,

Tim

PS - It won't let me post the whole lot in one go, so I'll have to do in in chunks on this thread.

Reply | with quote
ShropshireTraveller
Posted by ShropshireTraveller
31st August 2004ce
18:48

Messages in this topic: