The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Machrie Moor Forum Start a topic | Search
Machrie Moor
Welly warning appreciated!
1 message
Select a forum:
Juat back from Machire Moor , Arran.Welly Warning on Modern Ant. much appreciated! Not that i got any and the 'waterproof' walking shoes stayed that way. Kagool a must tho now matter how much of a berk you think you look. Saying that after another grim and glum morning as we turned into the mile path that leads to the first of the stones the sun braved its head over the clouds and we arrived a the main circles,and so many of them about 1oclock in warm hazy sunshine. Pretty quiet so a chance to sit down a contemplate over an oily rag before my mate got bored and dragged us 5 miles to an eatery.
But a serene and timeless place, all you can see is hills and stones (and lots of sheep) and can well believe to be far away from the shitty and the city.
Maybe the odd gunfire, i belive it's deer season.Hmm.
But not a sound, not a car and for a while not a raindrop.
Hint...stick to the paths that lead from stone to stone and dont try a shortcut say from the big solitary one to the group of 3, as you'll soon be running on water.
!

Reply | with quote
Posted by Rock Wagram
18th August 2004ce
13:36