The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Northern England Forum Start a topic | Search
Northern England
Megalith Meeting: Tues 23 March, Bradford
1 message
Select a forum:
I know it's only a week away, but it's been suggested I include this in the forum. A group of us are meeting at the New Beehive pub, Westgate, Bradford (at the top of town, past Morrisons), on the evening of Tuesday, March 23, to discuss & evaluate the nature & condition of megalithic enquiries in Yorkshire & Lancashire. The intention is to create a working group of individuals who regularly meet & discuss latest finds, along with field outings to explore known sites & discover unknown ones. A journal on the subject is proposed - and let's face it, in northern England no such decent journal exists. So let's get our heads together & see what we can do!

Although megaliths are the primary subject, it is imperative we explore other geodelic sites: cup and ring stones, holy wells, old stone crosses, legendary trees, pre-christian festival sites, etc.

If you've any queries, or just wnna know how to get there, email me at: [email protected]

Paul Bennett

Reply | with quote
Paulus
Posted by Paulus
16th March 2004ce
12:24