The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Aberdeenshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Aberdeenshire
Re: East Aquhorthies
19 messages
Select a forum:
Crikey - thought you didn't have much time! How much time will you actually have? In the meantime:

Depending how you're getting there, south of Aberdeen just off the A90 are Auld Bourtreebush, Auchquhorthies (that's how it's spelt on here but I'm not sure it's right) and Craighead (aka Craighead Badentoy).

But if you DO have some time - Cullerlie, Sunhoney, Midmar Kirk are all on the B9119 going west from Aberdeen & are easy to find, close together and ACE!!!! (Though Cullerlie's over-restored.)

Everything I'm mentioning is Aberdeen end as there's not all that much around Inverness & what there is isn't generally easy to find in my experience :^(

Near the A96 as well as the Dunnideer stuff (as I think I said - great but fairly battered & time consuming) there's quite a bit around Huntly, but would probably also be too time consuming to find.

I ain't big on rock art by the way, but there's more in Perthshire etc than Aberdeenshire & Inverness I believe....

That enough?!!!

love

Moth

PS I keep saying this, but once you've been around a bit, Aberdeenshire is ABSOLUTELY BONKERS for stuff!!

Reply | with quote
Moth
Posted by Moth
4th September 2003ce
14:16

In reply to:

Re: East Aquhorthies (pebblesfromheaven)

1 reply:

potential development (pebblesfromheaven)

Messages in this topic: