Another unmarked Wicklow bullaun that shows up in the Arch. Inventory of Co. Wicklow, this is 100 metres south-east from Aghowle Lower church and is 4 basin stone. An earthfast boulder, the northernmost basin has eroded away at the edge of the stone and can no longer hold water. The easternmost basin is the largest of the 4.
Half a mile east of Kilquiggan, on the boundary of Aughowle and Mullinacuff, co. Wicklow, there is an old church alongside which is a bullan (stone basin), a baptismal or holy-water font. An English farmer named Tomkins took the bullan for a trough to feed his pigs, but had to bring it back again, as all his pigs died.
Notes on Irish Folk-Lore Notes on Irish Folk-Lore G. H. Kinahan The Folk-Lore Record, Vol. 4, (1881), pp. 96-125.