A large bowl-shaped barrow North of Latham Hall to the South-East of the Staffordshire Moorlands village of Calton. It has been identified with 'Thorncliff' a barrow opened by Samuel Carrington in 1848.
Carrington found a primary inhumation accompanied with a flint implement and a broken, rivetted bronze dagger. A secondary extended inhumation, probably of a much later date, was also found. ("Ten Years' Diggings.." Bateman, T. 1861. pp118-9.)
A central pit on the mound marks where Carrington opened the barrow and there is evidence of a second excavation of the site from 1959 that made no further finds.