A late Neolithic henge, ploughed flat and visible only as a cropmark. Excavations in 1975 and 1977 confirmed that the site comprised a sub circular enclosure (internal diameter circa 15 metres) with two opposed entrances, one to the north and the other to the south, the latter much narrower than the former. Within the enclosure, and concentric to the ditch, was a circle of 30 small pits. 15 were excavated, but none showed any evidence for a post. Within this circle were three large pits and a fourth containing what was interpreted as an empty cist, although there was no evidence that the feature had ever contained a burial. Outside the henge was a circle of large pits (up to 50 metres in diameter), some of which appear to have held posts. 35 metres to the south of the henge was a large pit which had held a large post in its later stages of use. Datable finds included possible Neolithic and Beaker sherds from the henge ditch; Beaker and Food Vessel sherds from the central pits; and six flint barbed and tanged arrowheads from one of the external pits. Radiocarbon dates were obtained on samples from several features, and ranged from 1851+/-62 bc (uncalibrated) to 1655+/-80 bc (uncalibrated). The henge interior was later re-used as an Early Medieval inhumation cemetery (NT 93 SW 60). A double alignment (NT 93 NW 34) circa 180 metres to the north produced Grooved Ware sherds and a broadly similar range of radiocarbon dates.