An engineered road thought to have connected the Wrekin and Old Oswestry hillforts pre-dates R*man construction by several hundred years according to a summation of excavation newspaper reports (regarding Bayston Hill quarry) in the new Fortean Times, FT279
Park Hall Countryside Experience, located near Oswestry, is undertaking a major new project for 2009 with the reconstruction of an Iron Age roundhouse built using traditional methods by local crafts men and women... continues...
Probably not worth adding as a site, but perhaps worth recording for past attitudes towards prehistoric remains. If any of it's true of course.
It appears that up to the end of the twelfth century, the site of the present churchyard of Ludlow, the most elevated part of the hill, was occupied by a very large tumulus, or barrow. In the year 1199, the townsmen found it necessary to enlarge their church, which seems to have been of small dimensions, and for this purpose they were obliged to clear away the mound. In doing this, they discoveredi n the interior of the mound three sepulchral deposits, which were probably included in square chests, as at Bartlow, and the narrator perhaps exaggerates a little in calling them 'mausolea of stone'. But the clergy of Ludlow, in the twelfth century, were by no means profound antiquaries; they determined in their own minds that the bones they had found were the relics of three Irish saints, the father, mother and uncle of the famous St. Brandan, and they buried them devoutly in their church, with the confidence that their holiness would be soon evinced in numerous miracles. It was to this tumulus alone that the name Leode-hlaew belonged.
The account of this event was preserved in the monastery of Cleobury Motimer, in what Leland calls a 'schedula,' and was copied for that antiquary by a monk of the house. It is printed in Leland's Collectanea viii, p407...
Is it cynical to think the amazing discovery might have been made with making a bit of money out of pilgrims and tourists in mind? From p14 of 'A history of Ludlow and its neighbourhood' by Thomas Wright, 1852.
Three fields away to the southeast at SO 28369 82022, on the same side of the river, the Shropshire SMR lists a bowl barrow:
The monument includes a bowl barrow situated on a low rise north of the River Clun. Although much reduced by past ploughing, it survives as a low mound 25m north to south by 20m transversely standing up to 0.3m high. Although no longer visible as a surface feature, a ditch, from which the material was quarried for the construction of the barrow, surrounds the mound and has an estimated width of 2m.