Visited 6th August 2004: Relatively easy to find if you have the grid reference or some local knowledge, but we had neither. It took a while to track down Creed Lodge, but once we'd found that is was easy. Watch out for the traffic though!
In The Stones Around Callanish (ISBN: 0 903960 67 2) the Pontings give an account of the strange history of this stone.
It was first described in 1857 when John Lynton Palmer surveyed Cnoc Ceann a'Gharraidh (aka Callanish II) and in 1858 John Stuart drew the circle and Stone 10, claiming that the latter had possible Ogham script on it (not something taken very seriously now). At some stage subsequently the stone disappeared from the site, removed to Stournaway for its protection. The Pontings set out to find out what had happened to it:
Sir James Matheson had the stone erected opposite Creed Lodge gates... It remained standing there for about 60 years. In 1919, while the walls of the castle grounds were being repaired after wartime neglect, the stone was partially broken up for building material. The workmen concerned were severely reprimanded for this action.
The Pontings suggest that the boulder that now situated opposite Creed Lodge (NB4047032617) may be the remains of Stone 10.