A long barrow, 97 feet long, 70 feet wide, 14 feet high in 1812, but more recently 10 feet high apparently oriented east south east/west north west. It was excavated in 1804 by W Cunnington, who found a layer of charred wood and ashes possibly from platform cremations, but no primary burials in the mound, one accompanied by sword, knife, spearhead, umbo and other objects. All the finds seem to have been lost. It was re-opened by Thurman and the Rev A Fane in 1856 but without result. The mound is much damaged by ploughing and other mutilations and there is no indication of flanking ditches.
This earthen longbarrow is only 90m from the River Wylye, as it winds its way along the valley. Cunnington partially excavated it in the 19th century, and found beneath the mound a cist of chalk blocks. Inside were an ox skull and a small deer antler (perhaps the latter was a pick?). Ox skulls were also found under the Beckhampton long barrow outside Avebury.
(info from Burl's 'Prehistoric Avebury' (p103) and the Scheduled Monument record)