This 20m diameter burial mound was excavated in 1951 in advance of deing destroyed by the A1. The total excavation revealed 5 cremation burials each with an associated "beaker" pot.
The internal mound, about 10m in diameter was constructed by covering a primary burial pit with a heavy covering of cobbles. A ditch was dug around the perimeter, about 1.5m in diameter and this was then surrounded by large stones. A ritual hearth was also found to one side of the mound.