"A stone cist containing a crouched inhumation with a beaker was found at Brandon during quarrying operations in 1904. A 2ft. layer of made soil covered the cist and may have formed the remains of a barrow. Clarke (Clarke, DC, Beaker Pottery of Gt. Britain and Ireland, 1970, no.219) lists the beaker as type N2, Corpus 219, although its present location is unknown. Mentioned (Tait, J, Beakers from Northumberland, 1965, p. 67) as being in the British Museum. Hutchinson states (History of Durham, 1794. vol. 3, p. 319) that, 'on the crown of Brandon-hill is a remarkable tumulus or mount of an oblong figure, 120 paces in circumference and now in height about 24 perpendicular feet.' A possible burrow ditch at this Grid Reference is mentioned in Ordnance Survey Report NZ24SW3, 1976. Site destroyed by open cast mining in 1979. The cist can be seen on display at the Fulling Mill Museum of Archaeology in Durham City." (County Durham Sites & Monuments Register)
The map reference given here is accurate to within 1km.