This site, a scheduled monument, is recorded in the County Durham Sites & Monuments Register, which cites Robert Young's invaluable PHD thesis of 1984, Wear Valley Prehistory, as its source:
"Small, round, flat-topped mound on a natural sand hill on the south side of Flass Vale. Diameter 8.2m. Height 1.5m. The mound is at the northeast end of the hill and is closely overlooked by higher ground. The top of the hill has been levelled, leaving a 'berm' around the barrow, but the possible remains of a ditch and exterior bank are visible on the southwest side (ditch 0.3m. deep, 2m. wide). The barrow is in good condition and commands good views of the Wear Valley. The earliest records of the site are in 1346, when at the Battle of Neville's Cross the Durham monks raised the 'corporax cloth' of St. Cuthbert there. A wooden cross stood until 1569."