The County Durham Sites & Monuments Register is not at all confident about this site (which lies in a churchyard in Bishop Auckland), which it lists this as an "alleged iron age hillfort". Its source is a note by O. G. S. Crawford on 6 in. rec, NZ22NW2 BMC, Ordnance Survey, 1957: "Slight bank on north side of church, across spur. Remains of promontory fort". The map reference given here is accurate to within 1km.