The excellent ‘Hampshire Treasures’ resource gives the following information – “The name Elkham Grave is often given to this area, The site of this barrow is still visible as a low mound, 10.0m. diameter and 0.1m. high. No visible traces of a ditch.”
Mesolithic Flints were found at SZ251985. "Several worked flints found in the gravel pit at the south east corner of Broadley Enclosure."
The site of another barrow is also reported at SZ253984.
This barrow is in the Parish of Brockenhurst, which was the only village within the Perambulation of the New Forest which was listed in the Domesday survey of 1086 as having a church. St.Nicholas, built upon a mound, may date back to pagan times. Roman "bricks" and parts of second and third century masonry have been built into the south porch and, in the south wall of the nave, typical herringbone masonry, possibly from an earlier church, can be seen. The churchyard contains the grave of the snake catcher Brusher Mills, a famous local character, his headstone being suitably engraved.