The standing stone at Yevering in Glendale is a large column of prophyry planted upright in a field at the northern base of the hill called Yevering Bell. It is usually spoken of as indicating a battle, but is in reality prehistoric, there being another, now prostrate, among the old forts and tumuli on the eastern end of the lower slope of that hill. By the common people it is called the "Druid's Lapfu'." A female Druid's apron string broke there, and the stone dropped out and remained in its present position. Another account is that one of the Druids, who are represented like the Pechs or Picts to have had very long arms, pitched it from the top of the Bell, and it sunk into the soil where it fell.
From the second volume of Denham Tracts printed by the Folklore Society in 1895.
A standing stone, its name deriving from a traditional association with a battle which took place in 1415, in which Sir Robert Umfrevill defeated the Scots at "Geteryne". However, the stone is generally regarded as being of prehistoric date. It lies on a direct alignment from the opposing entrances of the nearby henge NT 93 SW 40, although the stone reportedly fell in 1890 and was re-erected in 1924 or 1925 following a visit by the Berwickshire Naturalists Club. As a result, its present position cannot be regarded as exact, although it is presumably close to its original location. It is circa 2 metres high, and is a scheduled ancient monument.