Round barrow, now just a slight rise. The barrow was excavated in 1864 by Greenwell and a rescue excavation was carried out in 1968 by the Ministry of Public Buildings and Works as the monument was being destroyed by ploughing. It is probably that the primary burials were destroyed when a burial pit was cut through the mound, the pit contained two cists, one with inhumations and a beaker, the other a cremation and beaker. The 1968 excavations revealed Neolithic pottery and flints on the old ground surface beneath the north-east quadrant of the mound. The secondary burials from the central pit were removed in the 19th century, however the 1968 excavations revealed three more secondary burials. The first was a crouched inhumation, on its right side with its head towards the centre of the mound, without any grave goods and was found 6 metres east of the centre within the area of the turf mound. The second was on the north-east edge of the central pit. It was a crouched inhumation without any grave goods, partly on its right side with the head slumped forward on to the chest, it was in a shallow pit just below the level of the pre-barrow turf. The third burial had been cut through the chalk capping of the barrow. It was also a crouched inhumation without any grave goods, the body had been place partly on its back with its knees drawn up to the right side and hands crossed on the chest. The barrow was surrounded by a wide ditch cut into the chalk.