At SS 82304145 a mound is shown (2) (4) and named Lark Barrow (1) (4). The Barrow must have been destroyed and the material used in making the stone banks when the fields were enclosed in the 1850s. (3) (1-4)
There are no certain remains of this barrow, but it is possible that a segment of it survives in the angle subdivided by two field walls at SS 82284147. Here there is a grass covered mound 0.9m high, but its date relative to the field walls cannot be determined by visual inspection.Surveyed at 1:2500. (5)
SS 82284147: Exford 7. Lark Barrow listed. A segment is left in the NE angle of wall junction and the surviving part, about a quarter, is 8 yds across. (5) MacDermot (6) in 1911 wrote that there was no sign of Lark Barrow but
it formerly stood not far from the head of Spraccombe or Orchard Bottom. It was mentioned by Thomas Pearse in 1678 as one of the principal boundaries of Exmoor Forest. (6-7)
The remains of Lark Barrow are centred at SS 8229 4146. They are now overlain by a junction of field boundaries, one of which marks the parish boundary separating Exford from Exmoor.
The remains lie predominantly within Exford parish and now consist of a very slight swelling some 22 m in diameter and 0.4 m high. The mound is overlain by a farm track running adjacent to the parish boundary, south-westwards from Larkbarrow Corner. The mounding described by source 5 within the north-east angle of the field junction, may be partly caused by the field boundaries themselves, but undoubtedly contains barrow fabric. (8)