Description: In pasture, on SW-facing slope. Circular area (91.4m N-S; 90.4m E-W) enclosed by substantial earthen bank (int. H 3.4m) with external fosse (D 2.65m). Low earthen field boundary (H 0.4m) at outer edge of fosse, stone faced externally. Gap (Wth 3m) in bank to SSW. Second gap (Wth 4.8m) to E with causeway across fosse; sides of gap cut back by machinery, giving vertical sections through bank. Fosse waterlogged to E; according to Hartnett (1939, 288), spring in fosse to S of entrance (causewayed gap). Possible souterrain (CO062-135002-) in interior; interior ploughed c. 1984.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Cork. Volume 3: Mid Cork' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1997). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.