Anywhere else but here - set above the Meldon Burn between the towering hill forts of Black and White Meldon - this would be a headline monument worth a substantial trip in its own right. As a bonus site... well... the abundance of the archaeological and aesthetic riches available in the immediate locality takes the breath away as comprehensively as the brutal slogs to the aforementioned summits. Ideal as a less demanding - in a physical sense, at least - alternative visit, or as a post-exertion evening chill-out, proving the idiom that things aren't always black or white..... (sorry).
Anyway, according to the RCAHMS 1967 (visited 1959) the settlement consists of:
"Two stone-walled enclosures, one of which has been built inside the other are situated on a broad natural terrace near the foot of the W slopes of White Meldon Hill. The earlier.. (is)... 220' by 180' ... surrounded by a heavy wall, 12' in thickness... The later..... 165' by 120' within a wall consisting of a rubble core faced with heavy angular blocks....the collapsed debris indicate a thickness of 10'."