Head north on the B9130, from Markinch, and take the first minor road east which leads straight to Markinch cemetery.
The cairn is situated in the cemetery on its southern side. Trees, reported in 1955, have gone and the cairn now rests (it is a graveyard) beneath a well looked after green turf. It still sits at about 20 meters wide and is 1 meter high. Nearby is Balgonie Castle which is well worth a look and to the west The Lomonds are clearly visible.