A Neolithic long barrow survives as earthworks situated circa 350 metres southwest of the main linear alignment of the Normanton Down barrow cemetery (1531088). It was excavated by Sir Richard Colt Hoare in the early 19th century (Barrow 173) who found a primary deposit of four skeletons on the "floor" at the eastern end, and a secondary inhumation, possibly Anglo-Saxon, near the top of the mound, also at the eastern end. The barrow was listed as Wilsford 30 by Goddard (1913) and subsequently by Grinsell (1957). It was surveyed at a scale of 1:1000 in April 2010 as part of English Heritage's Stonehenge WHS Landscape Project. The surviving earthworks extend east / west for circa 43m and comprise a linear mound flanked to the north by a ditch. The eastern end of the mound stands 2.3m high: its summit, which is also aligned east / west, measures 6m long and 3m wide. At least three phases of construction are suggested by the circular mounding of the eastern end, which measures 22m wide at its base, and presence of a narrow terrace, circa 1m wide, on its southern side. The western end of the mound measures circa 12m wide and has been heavily eroded by a trackway. The northern ditch measures up to 8m wide and up to 0.7m deep.