The walled plantation that Blake Low is situated in probably hasn't done this barrow many favours. Trees, undergrowth and the likelihood of being robbed for its stone means the only real giveaway to its position is the telegraph pole that stands on the barrows top.
It also has quarries and the ugly Deep Rake fluorspar workings as close neighbours.
Two other barrows were recorded in the area. One to the south which has now completely vanished. The one still visible to the SE at Beacon Rod, and marked on the 1:25000 O.S map, has been described by John Barnatt, in his Barrow Corpus, as being a natural knoll.
Thomas Bateman excavated the barrow in the late 1840's, discovering a rock cut grave. In it were the bones of a teenage girl and younger infant accompanied by a beaker.
There was a stone cist nearby containing 6 burials and flint implements.