The stones appear to be the last remains of a denuded cairn with a diameter of 60 to 70 feet. There are two large boulders 21 feet 6 inches apart on its south edge, probably the remains of a kerb. On the north and north-east are a few small earthfast stones which might represent more of the kerb setting.
Twenty feet to the south-west between these two slabs is another upright stone 5 feet 10 inches high. This stone might well be the last survivor of a circle of monoliths set round a cairn of Clava type.
The site is listed by Fraser (1884) but was already in its present state for the OS 6"map, 1st ed., (1871) marks three dots at the edge of a stippled area (agreeing with the features which can be seen at present.)
Scheduled as 'Culchunaig, cairn and standing stone 300m SE of...'
Information from Historic Scotland, scheduling document dated 30 March 2007.